Monday, April 6, 2009

Welcome to Pilgrim's Crossing

I warmly welcome you to my new blog!
Here, I will share with you my own journey of hope which we are all on.. the pilgrimage of life.
Sure, there are many bumpy paths along the way.. maybe even a thorn or two.
"The way is narrow.." Jesus told us in the Holy Scriptures.
There are, ultimately, two destinations.
Without falling into the sin of presumption, nor into the sin of despair, may we have the hope of life eternal, placing ourselves always into His merciful arms, even when we fail. At the start of this Holy Week, I turn you to the words of John the Baptist: "Repent! The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!". I don't mean this in an alarmist kind of way, but only as a message of love, to prepare for the great Feast of Easter (and for, hopefully and eventually, the eternal Feast of Heaven!).
I have had much to repent of and I still do! Today wasn't the best day, for example, but I give it to the Lord, for His glory and the salvation of souls (including my own). In fact, with this opening entry, I dedicate this blog to Jesus and His Divine Mercy, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary (Our Lady of Guadalupe) and the intercession of St. Joseph and St. Juan Diego. I also humbly ask for the prayers of the 3 Teresas: St. Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face (my confirmation saint) and of Blessed Teresa of Calcutta and St. Teresa of Avila.... please pray for me that every word here might be only for the glory of God, always with the virtues of faith, hope, and charity present and growing, like a child in the womb. May God bless you abundantly on your own pilgrimage! I pray you do not get discouraged along the way! Remember the words of Jesus: "I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life." Let us begin.... and persevere.... and come at last to that blessed abode. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Divine Mercy Care... my doctors!

The Franciscan Friars of the Renewal, Newark, NJ

How Beautiful