Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Awake O Sleeper, Arise From Death..."

"See, the eyes of the LORD are upon those who fear him,
upon those who hope for his kindness,
To deliver them from death and preserve them in spite of famine."
~from Psalm 33 (today's Mass Readings at http://www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml)

Alleluia!! He is Risen! Indeed, He is Risen!!

So, here we are in the midst of the Octave of Easter! The 40 days of Lent flew by so quickly.
But, it seems, the Lord has given me a task during this Octave of Easter, before it is completed
on Divine Mercy Sunday, the 2nd Sunday of Easter.
This task is one I would have preferred to have dealt with during Lent. However, the Lord has His own timing with things, so I must continue to trust in Him.... whatever the results of this task might be. Please pray for me, as this is something very difficult to deal with. If I don't deal with it though, I fear for my eternal soul.
I mentioned before that I am a Prodigal Daughter. This particular task has something to do with sins of my past, before I became a Prodigal Daughter. I did confess it in the Tribunal of God's Mercy, the Confessional, however there was never opportunity to make reparation to someone I seriously offended long ago, since the time I came back to God. However, the Lord has now, only very recently, provided the opportunity. His Divine Providence astounds me.
I must put forth some real effort to go forward with this task. I am weak, but He is strong.
"His Mercy endures forever". "It is not I, but Christ in me.."
As the Psalm for today says, I hope for the Lord's kindness.
I want so badly to be delivered from death (the 2nd death) and to be preserved in spite of the famine of my soul. I look to our Eucharistic King for strength and courage to do what is right before His eyes. Feed me, Oh Lord.. I am walking in a desert, seeking an oasis in which to rest.
I find that Oasis only in You, my God!
Now that I have found this person, I must act. I have heard the distinct whisper of the Spirit in the ear of my soul, urging me on. I must be obedient to His call. I must continue to strive to walk with Him, by denying myself, taking up my cross, and following Him.
And because of God who is Love.
The time for God who is Love is now.
So, as I go forth with your prayers and under Mother Mary's mantle, I ask you to pray especially for this person, that they may be healed of any damage I may have inflicted all those years ago. That is where I will find my own healing.
Our dear Lord said in the Scriptures that when you find someone who may have something against you, reconciling with them is a way to be purified for the offering of your own “gift” at the altar of the Lord.
I will seek to reconcile at the most opportune moment.. one which I am sure the Lord will provide, preferably this week. If not this week, I will continue to trust in Him to provide the ideal time.
"Eternal Father, I offer You, the Body and Blood, the Soul and Divinity, of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and for those of the whole world....
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world...
Jesus, I trust in You!" St. Faustina, pray for us! Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Praying hard for you and your friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! My husband is such a rock through this hard situation!
    I'm so blessed with a man I don't deserve!

    ReplyDelete

Divine Mercy Care... my doctors!

The Franciscan Friars of the Renewal, Newark, NJ

How Beautiful